Monday, October 19, 2009

Vintage Citizen Multi Alarm - I love this watch!


For a little while I've been collecting 80's "alarm" watches. Nothing serious, just a little hobby.


I got this little gem on eBay. I didn't pay a lot of attention to it at first, because it's style predates the type I usually collect, but I had to admit that it was in great shape, and there was no reserve on the auction. I picked it up for $32. I just saw another one sell on eBay for just north of $113, so I'm feeling pretty good about what I paid for it. I've since seen others just like it, all for sale from the same guy. He's letting them trickle out on eBay I guess.




I don't know the year it was made, but I suspect from the style that it would probably be from 1978-1980. it has 2 separate alarms, an hourly chime, a countdown timer and a stopwatch.


The pusher buttons have color coded cabochons. I put a vintage style metal bracelet on it.


I love the display, it's so clunky. Kind of big, bold 70's. The watch is heavy too. The alarms are loud!


Some weird things; you can't use both the stopwatch and timer at the same time. If one is in use, the other greys out. Also, the timer doesn't keep the last input. If you set it for 5 minutes, it will count down and the alarm goes, but it resets to zero - not 5 minutes. Odd. And the stopwatch is only to the second. I can't think of anything I do that requires greater precision, but tenth of a second would be nice. It looks like you could modify the hourly chime to go off at different intervals, but you can't. All minor complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you in favor of irradating food?