Saturday, February 14, 2009

Wonton soup


Found a great Asian market; picked up some wonton skins. I'm thinking I can make these on my own next time; seems to be a simple pasta recipe.

The filling was thigh and leg meat salvaged from a dismembered chicken in my freezer. (I had used the breast meat earlier in the week for chicken piccata.) Added a chunk of ginger, panko and soy sauce and put it all in the processor until it was a pate.

The soup base was a fabulous chicken stock I made with all the wing tips left over from making a huge plate of Buffalo Wings for a superbowl party, diluted and seasoned.

I boiled the wontons separately then added them to the soup base with some scallions. Very pleased at how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you in favor of irradating food?